Deacons are responsible for assisting the Pastor(s) in the work of the Ministry. Specific areas of service are determined by the Pastors and Deacons.
The Deacons elect from among themselves the following to form the Executive Committee (E.C.) with the first 4 forming the core:
- Vice Chairman
- Vice Secretary
- One representative from each of the CBC zonal families
- Any other officers as may be deemed necessary
The EC, is the leadership of the Body of Deacons
Functions of the Executive Committee
- It is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Body of Deacons.
- The EC makes decisions on behalf of and for the smooth running of the Body of Deacons. It is the highest decision-making organ of the Body of Deacons.
Current Members of The Executive Committee (E.C)
- Deacon Alfred Wuver – Chairman
- Deacon Peter Antonio – Vice Chairman
- Deacon Johnson Wede – Secretary
- Deaconess Thomisia Obodai – Vice Secretary
- Deacon Parry W. Aboagye – Treasurer
- Deacon Davies Adjei – Amazing Grace Rep
- Deaconess Grace Pokoo Aikins (Mrs.) – Levite Rep
- Deaconess (Dr.) Harriet Somuah – Shalom Rep
- Deacon Steve Kagson – Israel Rep
- Deacon James Kuenyegah – Shiashie Rep